Time saving tips to speed up Job Search
Are you not able to find the right job or getting stuck somewhere?
Use the following time saving tips to speed up job search and help you hunt for a new job smoothly.
- Be Prepared: You must have a voice mail system ready in place and maintain a separate email account to use for your job search. Keep your emails organized and answered on regular basis to manage your account properly. Remember to place your current mobile number on the resume so that follow up is done in a timely manner.
- Always be more than prepared: You must ensure that you always have an updated resume ready to send – even though you are not currently looking for work. Who knows when you get an opportunity waiting for you? So be ready and update your LinkedIn profile and start making connections for better industrial connections.
- Never wait for the right opportunity: In case you are laid-off, then you should immediately file for available job openings. Be sure that you have easy online access either by phone or laptop so as to immediately respond to any offer. Waiting for right option could delay your chances.
- Counseling: You must go for some free or inexpensive counseling services for career counseling and job search assistance. You must also register for workshops, programs, classes, and other resources to assist you with the job search.
- Keep your editable templates ready: Ensure that you have editable copies of your resume and cover letter ready. So that required changes in the content (job responsibilities and job skills) can be done to match the requirements of the job you are planning to apply for.
- Review resume samples and cover letter: It is always suggested to look at sample cover letters and resumes matching your job search material, since every job profile has its own presentation that needs to be matched.
- Job Search Engines: Try search all possible openings on all available search engines. Use the popular job search engine sites to search the major job boards, company sites, associations, and other sites with job postings that match your requirement. Use the Advanced Search options to find jobs that are the closest match to your profile.
- Register by Email: Register on job sites and let the job openings come to you in your email account, don’t feel burdened. Use job alerts to sign up and receive job listings by email and announcements.
- Professional Assistance: Another commonly used method in job search is that of professionals also referred as time savers or consultancy:
- References: You should always have a list of three references ready including name, job title, company, phone number, and email address ready to share with the interviewers. Do not forget to add your reference list in the resume. Some important thing to be kept in mind while creating a list of references are –
- Use Your Network: Let everyone know that you are looking for work and ask if they can help.
- Socialize: Use Social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter to get job listings before they are listed elsewhere. Promote your candidacy using the social media tools that are readily available for free for job seekers.
- Do not bound yourself: Do not limit your job search to only top sites like Monster or Naukri. You should also check for niche sites that focus on a particular geographic location or career field.