Operations Manager Resume Format
Get access to Free Operations Manager Resume Format and improve your chances to get highlighted!
As an operations manager, you are required to grasp the business concept, business model, and inherent values at the macro level.The primary objective of an operations manager is to get a hands on experience of the business concepts and functioning and then work towards the details in order to maintain the smooth and efficient functioning.
Skills to Highlight
- In case you are planning to switch industries, then focus on displaying your core skills rather than your knowledge-based value-add.
- Ensure that you research to the hiring manager in any given industry extensively.
- Remember the skill set of an operations manager is more of a generalist one than a specialist. You can be a specialist in your industry having generalist’s skill and savvy involving managing the team.
- Generally, operations managers are required to perform a leadership and managerial roles in the company, so it is suggested to highlight your abilities and development skills as a leader.
As an Operations Manager your career objective should be crisp, clear and a portrait of yourself in short, placed at the top of the resume.Your career objective should represent the following,
- Level of experience
- Value-add services (process efficiency, financials, customer experience)
- Your character and standard at work place
Specify relevant experience in reverse chronological order, with action verbs to highlight your skills set and your achievements.
Highlight the following skills in your resume under professional experience section
- Technical skills – As an operations manager you should display knowledge of technical skills and processes involved in the specific industry (applied for). This may range from computer software to functioning of heavy machinery, depending on the industry you have applied for.
- Communication skills – A successful operations manager should be able to communicate across departments at all levels.
- Financial Knowledge – It is considered as the part of job responsibility of sales and marketing departments to get money rolling into the organization, where the finances are managed by the finance department. In which case the role of the operations manager is to liaise between the two departments and keep the operating budgets in control.
- Boost efficiency and productivity – The candidate must highlight skills set and productivity in boosting the operational efficiency. For this the operations manager must have a fair understanding of the business and processes, leading to saving both time and money.
- Problem solving skills set – As an operations manager you should be able to find solution to every problem so as to keep the business running smoothly.
- People skills – As an operations managers you should highlight your ability to instill business values and standards across all levels and departments. This necessarily involves working closely with the people.
- Great source for highlighting special details
- Highlight your language skills as they are becoming more and more desirable in the job market
As an operations manager, it completely depends on the specific knowledge of the industry you plan to work in therefore there is no general education requirement set for this profile. Yet learning and knowledge upgrading is always a good idea.
Resume Format for Operations Manager
Sample Cover Letter for Operations Manager
Free Operations Manager Cover Letter