Teacher Resume Format
Make your teacher resume format more appealing and job ready using professional tips by domain experts.
Skills to highlight
STEPS TO BUILD A JOB-READY RESUME
- Ensure to write a quantified professional experience: You should always list your professional experience in bullet points. Such that each bullet point must be aligned with the job description you’re applying for. Choose the best skills, abilities, and knowledge to highlight that you have gained through your experience. You must ensure that the bullet points are accomplishment-oriented as well as quantified.
- Exemplify your accomplishments: You must highlight your accomplishments by giving examples. For instance, if you are a mathematics teacher then your resume should quantify your accomplishments. Example – “Supported students who required extra guidance, resulting in an increase in score by 17% over three terms on an average.” You would be considered a valuable hire only when you have the ability to raise the test scores of the students .
- Highlight your scope of skills and abilities: In this case you can quantify the number of students you work with per semester or showcase that you are responsible for assessing and looking after 150+ students progress throughout the term and work closely with other staff to efficiently plan and coordinate work.
- Quantify the number of students trained: Quantify the size of the school you work in together with the curriculum objectives and number of students you have assisted to prepare for examinations.
- Do not just do it for the sake of it: Remember that your bullet points should NOT be bland duties and responsibilities. You Mention your success with academic recognition to quantify your previous accomplishments.
- Highlight your Certifications: It is recommended to list all of your certifications, or preliminary exams. You can either do it in a separate certifications section, or added to the additional skills section.
- For entry-level teachers: In case you are an entry-level teacher, then you’ve recently been through extensive training, including earning classroom experience through interactive field experience, so showcase that.
- Targeted skills section: You are suggested to write a Targeted Skills Section to highlight your competency with technology, such as using laptops, projectors, tablets, and software to increase student performance and engagement.
Resume Format for Teacher
Sample Cover Letter for Teacher